Ernest White II was born in Jacksonville, Florida. He studied political science at Florida A&M and he has Masters Degree in Creative Writing.
Ernest’s blog, FlyBrother.com, was the “Winner – Judges Vote” as the best travel blog at the 2011 Black Weblog Awards.
The travel bug hit him at an early age. Ernest first traveled abroad at sixteen years old when he went to Sweeden. After that journey, he went to live abroad in Dominican Republic. Seven years ago, Ernest went to Columbia for four years then he did a round the world trip. At the present time Ernest is reporter, where he currently splits his time between Sao Paulo, Brazil and Berlin, Germany.
He grew up in a segregated environment in which he went to all Black school until he graduated from college.
During our conversation, Ernest shares various parts of his journey including life in a segregated environment in his early years, the story behind his trips to Sweeden, the Dominican Republic and Columbia and how he ended up in Sao Paulo and Berlin.
As our discussion continues, Ernest discuss a more topics such as his experience and some of the challenges being a Black American male teacher in Colombia, how he feels that Latin America is more culturally more relevant to Blacks than North America is, the story behind FlyBrother.com, why don’t Black women travel more than Black men, the funny story on he won the Judge’s Vote for best Travel Blog at the 2011 Black Weblog Awards, how he is upset that Blacks in North America are not taking advantage of opportunities and his message for Black men.
You can connect with Ernest via:
Please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please feel free to “Like” the “The Dr. Vibe Show” Facebook fan page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Vibe-and-Vegas-Show/155099174532923
God bless, peace, be well and keep the faith,
2011 Black Weblog Awards Finalist (Best International Blog and Best Podcast Series)
Black Blog Of The Day – Black Bloggers Network – June 23, 2011
Twitter hashtag: #DrVibe
“The Dr. Vibe Show” Facebook Fan Page
Listen to the Dr. Vibe Show at iTunes
– the story behind him going to Sweeden at 16 years old for six weeks – the story behind his trip to the Dominican Republic during his last year of college – why he made to move to Latin America during his last year of graduate school – his experience and some of the challenges being a Black American teacher in Columbia – feels that Latin America is more relevant culturally to Blacks than Black America – talks about his around the world trip in 2009 and how did he end up in Sao Paulo – how did FlyBrother come about and how did the blog start – why do more Black women travel more than Black men – why don’t Blacks travel more – parental support – the funny story on he won the Judge’s Vote for best Travel Blog at the 2011 Black Weblog Awards – perceptions that he has as a Black person – Blacks in North America have the best opportunity of any Blacks in this hemisphere to move ahead – upset that Blacks in North America are not taking advantage of opportunities – his message for Black men
Latest posts by Dr. Vibe (see all)
- The Dr. Vibe Show™: Andrew Morrison “Small Business Camp” - May 20, 2013
- The Dr. Vibe Show™: Mental Health Illness In Blacks – Failure To Seek Treatment May Be Holding Us Back - May 20, 2013
- The Dr. Vibe Show™: Rich Get Richer, Blacks Get Stymied By Fiscal Policy - May 19, 2013
- The Dr. Vibe Show™: Being White Is Awesome, So How Could We Be Racist? - May 18, 2013
- The Dr. Vibe Show™: “Black Men And The Police” Podcast At The Good Men Project - May 17, 2013