Senator Don Meredith is co-founder and executive director of the GTA Faith Alliance, an interfaith group that is committed to finding solutions to youth violence. An active community and anti-crime advocate, Senator Meredith has been tireless in his work to counter gun and youth crime. He has partnered with churches, police, politicians and communities to organize or participate in rallies and community events that work to find solutions to senseless violence.
Senator Meredith has been an entrepreneur and businessman for over 21 years. He completed several years of business and information technology studies at Ryerson University prior to forming Donscape Landcaping through which he supports his family and pastoral activities. An ordained evangelical minister, he is volunteer pastor of Pentecostal Praise Centre Ministries in Maple, Ontario. He holds a masters degree from California State Christian University.
His prior community involvements include serving as co-chair of the Black Community Police Consultative Committee, and as a member of the York Region Police Chief’s Advisory Council, the York Regional Community Police Liaison, the Toronto Police Service Chief’s Advisory Service, the RCMP Consultative Committee, and the B’Nai Brith Canada Special Advisory Council to the League for Human Rights. Due to his work in the community, Senator Meredith was appointed to the Senate of Canada on December 18, 2010 by the Right Honourable Stephen Harper.
He is married to Michelle, a special education teacher in York Region. They have two young adult children.
Senator Meredith had the opportunity to share some of his story recently at the Destiny Community Outreach Program 2nd Annual Youth Symposium that was held on Saturday, October 27, 2012.
During his talk, Senator Meredith:
- Shares some of his story and some of the challenges that he overcame in his life including not being able to hardly read at a young age
- How important faith has been and is in his life
- How he has lived on his own since he was seventeen
- The importance of being persistent in overcoming challenges
- The importance of having a respectful, fighting spirit
- How he started his landscaping company with one lawnmower company to know it having five trucks and a million dollar business and being the president and CEO of the company
- The importance of engagement, encouragement, empowerment with youth
- How he became the first Jamaican and fourth African Canadian appointed to the Senate of Canada Dec. 18, 2010
You can connect with Senator Meredith via:
You can connect with the Destiny Community Outreach Program via:
Please feel free to email us at email@example.com
Please feel free to “Like” the “The Dr. Vibe Show” Facebook fan page at “The Dr. Vibe Show” Facebook Fan Page
God bless, peace, be well and keep the faith,
2012 Black Weblog Awards Winner (Best International Blog)
2012 Black Weblog Awards Finalist (Best Podcast)
2011 Black Weblog Awards Finalist (Best International Blog and Best Podcast Series)
Black Blog Of The Day – Black Bloggers Network – June 23, 2011
Twitter hashtag: #DrVibe
“The Dr. Vibe Show” Facebook Fan Page
The Dr. Vibe Show – iTunes
Latest posts by Dr. Vibe (see all)
- The Dr. Vibe Show™: Obama Got ‘Black’ At Morehouse But Didn’t Speak The Truth - May 25, 2013
- The Dr. Vibe Show™: Blacks And The System In Cuba - May 24, 2013
- The Dr. Vibe Show™: High School Graduation Speeches – What Blacks Teens Need To Hear - May 24, 2013
- The Dr. Vibe Show™: Barack Obama Speech At Moorehouse College - May 24, 2013
- The Dr. Vibe Show™: Live Tonight At 8:30 P.M. Eastern/5:30 P.M. Pacific – Dr. Vibe Presents “Dr. Vibe’s Real Talk With Real Women” – Tonight’s Topic “Black Women And Mental Health” - May 23, 2013