Ms. Juanita Peters grew up in Toronto, Ontario. She moved with her family to Weymouth Falls, Nova Scotia with her family at the age of 13. In the early 1980′s, she started her media career in rural Nova Scotia as the afternoon Newscaster for Annapolis Valley Radio. She then went on to anchor the CHSJ television news out of Saint John, New Brunswick before joining CBC Television News. In 1996, she left the world of broadcast news and started her own production company.
During is a founding member of Women In Film and Television-Atlantic, a member of Actra Maritimes and has served as Chair as the Diversity Board and is also a member of The Writers Guild of Canada. She has appeared in more than 20 films and numerous stage plays.
During our interview, Ms. Peters shares some of her journey with us from growing up in Toronto and moving to the east coast of Canada, her first performance doing a one-woman show with seven characters, her first commercial playing the role of a five year old when she was eighteen, some of the challenges of being a Black and female news anchor in the 1980′s, why she started her own production company, the story behind her latest film “AFRICVILLE: CAN’T STOP NOW”. Ms. Peters also gives some advice for those who would like to follow in her footsteps.
If you would like to find out more about Ms. Peters, go to:
If you would like to contact Ms. Peters, please go to:
Please feel free to email us at email@example.com.
Please feel free to “Like” the “The Dr.Vibe Show” Facebook fan page at http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Vibe-and-Vegas-Show/155099174532923
Latest posts by Dr. Vibe (see all)
- The Dr. Vibe Show™: Blacks And The System In Cuba - May 24, 2013
- The Dr. Vibe Show™: High School Graduation Speeches – What Blacks Teens Need To Hear - May 24, 2013
- The Dr. Vibe Show™: Barack Obama Speech At Moorehouse College - May 24, 2013
- The Dr. Vibe Show™: Live Tonight At 8:30 P.M. Eastern/5:30 P.M. Pacific – Dr. Vibe Presents “Dr. Vibe’s Real Talk With Real Women” – Tonight’s Topic “Black Women And Mental Health” - May 23, 2013
- The Dr. Vibe Show™: How The Obama Administration Talks To Black America - May 23, 2013